What People Are Saying
On behalf of the United Nations Federal Credit Union, Anna Bertacchi and I thank you for the delightful dinner party you planned for our President/CEO, Mr. Michael J. Connery, Jr. held on 23 October 2012 on the occasion of his retirement after 24 years of service. It was such a pleasure working with you from the inception of the evening, to the end of a night so beautifully and flawlessly realized.
This event would not have been a success without the professional service of your gracious and attentive staff as led by Messieurs Paul Evweiher and Victor Delgado, whose seamless and polished care ensured a delectable and enjoyable affair for our guests. The delicate handling of our specialty Kilimanjaro cake, which served as the centerpiece for the evening, was managed with particular aplomb.Nicole Homa, Executive Administrator
When the Water's Edge NY touts "The only thing we overlook is Manhattan," they are to be taken literally. We had our wedding there in October and it was glamorous, elegant and terrific fun… what made it so? Impeccable service — starting with the Wedding Banquet staff (thank you Kathy & Daniella!) who made planning easy and enjoyable — by the way, they truly aim to please — Kathy went out of her way to ensure we had all that we desired! The chef and his staff, who quite frankly exceeded our high expectations, cooked every course perfectly; delicious and looked like a picture! Ok, service — every server and staff member was courteous and efficient — tables served, cleared and quests needs taken care of — ALL extremely friendly and professional. A thank you to our Maitre D Paul, who I felt was my "right arm" for the entire night, our head waiter who keeps his staff fine tuned and on point. The bartenders, lead by Scott — keeps the drinks full and makes sure every bar operates perfectly. My bridal attendant Mildred, who clearly knows where the Bride should be and when and makes it her business to get you there! What more can I say, I am a tough client who was so impressed. Great Food, great service, and a view to die for… Thank you to ALL of the staff and management (yes, we saw your watchful eye during our entire affair!) at the Water's Edge! I can say with confidence about the Water's Edge "The only thing they overlook is Manhattan."Angela
The 40th anniversary party I made for my brother and sister-in-law on Saturday September 29, at Water's Edge was just wonderful. As you predicted, the weather was fabulous and the view spectacular, the staff were perfectly accommodating and my brother and sister-in-law were thrilled. My concern about the wedding that night, as you told me (repeatedly) was unwarranted. When I told my brother later that night that there was a large wedding going on upstairs, he said, "Oh, I didn't even know there was an upstairs." In addition, the menu was great and the food delicious.
Please pass this on to whomever assisted with the party that night, your supervisor and the owner of the restaurant. You were very patient with all my questions. I look forward to future celebrations at Waters' Edge. I will also be sure to tell my friends and associates that Water's Edge remains an excellent choice for a special celebration.Andrea
Jenna, Leslie, and I want to thank you for all you did to give them a glorious wedding. We had high expectations, but we never could have imagined how beautiful it would be. Jenna and Leslie were deliriously happy all night long. Every guest that I've spoken to has described it as the best wedding they've ever attended. They have raved about the food, the view, the service - and also the music and the flowers. We're still floating on air!
You and the Waters Edge staff were absolutely amazing in your organization, attention to every last detail, and warmth. Leslie especially wants to thank Mildred for speaking to her mother - in Spanish - when her mother became upset.
Our connection to Water's Edge began with our first meeting with you almost a year ago. I don't know if we ever told you that we never looked at another place after that. We fell in love with Water's Edge, and we felt confident that working with you would be great. And it was!
Thanks so much!!!Barbara, Jenna, and Leslie
- Words can't describe the amazing service and atmosphere of the Water's Edge. Brunno was very affable, he went above and beyond to please us! Outstanding food. Pianist was also a sweetheart, my overall experience was great! Definitely coming back! Lisa Bridgemann
- We just wanted to thank you, Paul, Mildred, Scott and the rest of the staff at the Water's Edge for making our wedding even better then we could have hoped for. Not only were we thrilled with how everything turned out but we have gotten endless emails and phone calls from our guests telling us how terrific they thought everything was. It was an absolute pleasure working with you. Thank you for everything!!!! Jen
- Words cannot begin to describe how perfect everything was on Friday, and throughout the entire process. You and your team are professionals, in every sense of the word. I could go on and on about how you got every single detail 110% perfect, but I'm busy on my honeymoon :-) Heather & Matt Crawford
- Our wedding was perfect and we cannot thank you enough for all of your hard work! Everyone is still raving about the food and impeccable service. Regina & Brian
- It was picture perfect!!!!!! You and your staff were amazing. Jane, Joe & family
- One of top 20 spots to visit during Restaurant Week NYC 2012 NY Daily News
- Thank you for making our most important day so indescribably beautiful. It was a dream. Christin & Michael
- Impeccable service, style and scenic views await diners. Examiner.com
- Water’s Edge occupies the fancy end of upscale, but chef Rory O’Farrell’s cuisine is anything but fussy… TimeOut New York
- Our luncheon at the Water’s Edge Restaurant was a real treat. The location lives up to the reputation. We felt as though we were sitting on top of the water enjoying spectacular views of the river, the city and the bridges. The Woman’s Club of Glen Cove
- Just wanted to thank you for an outstanding event last night. It was absolutely perfect and far exceeded our expectations. The service was like nothing we have ever experienced before." Stephanie
- Just a quick thank you for yesterday (Wedding Shower)…I was so impressed with the staff, food…everything was perfect. Thanks for a great memory. Warm Regards, Juanita
- Everyone raved about the food, the service, the staff — there was not one complaint — words cannot express how thankful we are for your efforts to make our wedding so special. I consider you a friend. Marlo and Michael
- We have NEVER EVER seen service this phenomenal in our lives. My bridal attendant was ridiculous. She was so amazing I wanted to hire her to run my life :). Klaudia and Jason
- Roberto and I would like to thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for making our special day flawless. We are so impressed by your expertise, professionalism and hospitality. Our day was even more special because of all you that were involved. Roberto and Suzanne
- I had my wedding there. It was amazing. Best place ever for a party. Facebook
- We came over from Manhattan and are true foodies — so it often times hard to impress us. This was the best meal I have had in a while! CitiSearch.com
- I work at a law firm in the city, and we regularly take our clients (or court new ones) at this place. Yelp.com
- A romantic establishment-wonderfully touching all five senses… Lyra Mag
- Happy To See This Lovely Place Back On Track! CitiSearch.com
- The iconic eatery on New York’s East River with incredible panoramic views of Manhattan… Luxist
- Not outrageously priced even outside of Restaurant Week, considering the high quality of the ingredients… Gothamist
- Lovely atmosphere, pleasant service, very good food and great views Zagat
- The moving water and occasional boat made me feel as if I were on vacation. QueensBuzz.com